Freitag, 2. Dezember 2011

Reading Plans for December or Fa la la la la, la la la la

Today is the second day of my absolutely favourite month of the year. I love December because (what a surprise!) I love Christmas.
I am the kind of Sinatra-songs-singing-Christmas-lover who is already annoying everyone weeks before Christmas Eve. My parents are probably to blame because when I was young Christmas was the unchallenged highlight of the year. I am indeed very thankful to say that I had a typical picture-book upbringing.

Anyway, I'm about to finish Great Expectations (a post on that will come soon) and December 6 is the release date of Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, something I've been counting the days until since April. It is a young adult novel but Cassie Clare is such an extraordinary author that I don't even feel guilty for reading her books instead of something 'valuable'. Also the setting of  Clockwork Prince makes it irresistible for me, the descriptions of Victorian London in it are unbelievably vivid and absolutely mesmerising.
I will probably devour this long awaited novel within some days and then I'll focus on E.T.A. Hoffmann's The Nutcracker and the Mouse King to enjoy my Christmas mood.
I've been wondering whether I should give Dicken's Christmas stories a try, but presumably I won't have enough time for them, considering all the Christmas preparations. On the other hand I have to wait a whole year if don't read them now, so it's tempting, it's very, very tempting!

I have to stop this for now, my sister is trying to cook instant noodles and setting the kitchen on fire. Gonna save what's left to save!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen